Our assistants will obtain a history of your eye problems and also a general medical history. A list of your current medications will be helpful. Knowing them is important in assessing possible drug interactions or side effects on the vision or on eye structures. The doctors will personally conduct the exam of your eyes including the determination of the refractive error for prescribing glasses.
They will also evaluate many other areas too numerous to mention here, but which constitute what we as medical doctors consider important items of concern. If an eye condition is discovered which warrants surgery or medical treatment, the discussion of these findings and the available treatments is conducted by the physician personally.
We care about patients and try to offer the most professional attention possible. Many of our patients come to us through referrals by other patients. Likewise, if you are satisfied with the care you receive from us, please pass the word along. Our practice continues to grow as a result of a dedicated and caring staff, quality eye care and the confidence of our patients.
In keeping with our belief in complete quality eye care, we offer full eyewear services. Our qualified opticians will assist you in the proper selection of frames and lens options most suitable to your visual and lifestyle needs.
We back all of our frames and lenses with a one year warranty against product defects or breakage from normal usage. We care more about your eyewear quality than making them in one hour.
The contact lens field is changing so rapidly that if you were told six months ago you couldn’t wear contact lenses, today maybe you can. New materials allow increased fitting success.
We use high quality lenses and spend the time needed to provide the best fitting lenses to give you optimum vision and comfort.
We fit many contact lenses in our office including hard, soft (daily and extended wear), astigmatic, tinted, bifocal, and gas permeable. We also have disposables to correct for nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia. We will discuss all the available options and innovations with you as part of our contact lens specialty practice.
Our doctors perform surgery nearly daily. Most of our surgery is done on an outpatient basis, at Upper Peninsula Surgery Center in Marquette, Bell Memorial Hospital in Ishpeming, or Baraga County Memorial Hospital in L’Anse. Some minor eyelid surgery is performed within our office suite.
Other treatment tools and diagnostic testing available in our office include:
- Retinal photography
- Visual Feld examinations, with the Zeiss Humphrey Field Analyzer
- Laser treatments for glaucoma, secondary cataracts and retinal disorders
- Corneal topography
- Computer based autorefraction
- Optical Coherence Tomography, including Retinal Nerve Fiber Layer Analysis for the diagnosis of and management of glaucoma and Spectral Domain Tomography for high resolution imaging of the macula
- Laser biometry for cataract surgery intraocular lens implant power calculation
- Intravitreal and sub-Tenon’s injections of various medicines for the treatment of conditions such as Age Related Macular Degeneration, Diabetic Macular Edema, Vein Occlusions, and uveitis
- Botox injections for various conditions such as blepharospasm, as well as for facial wrinkles